With the return to community sport from 1 July 2020, our regatta series will be held this year, commencing this Sunday 26 July 2020.
There will be a number of changes to the usual running of the series, the most important of which is that ALL COMPETITORS MUST REGISTER USING ROWING MANAGER by the Friday before each event. Please speak to your clubs to ensure your entries are processed in time!
The series will still have NO seat fees, but will require competitors to have registered prior to the weekend of each regatta to ensure that our participants’ contact lists are up to date.
Further important changes to the format of the regatta and the timing of events will be communicated on the Rowing NSW website, our Facebook Page and this website. Please regularly check those locations, and ‘like’ this page, to ensure you receive updates.Thank you for your patience as we work through this difficult time!
SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR COVID 19 AT THE 2020 SERIES REGATTAS
GO TO THIS LINK FOR THE PROGRAM AND RULES FOR 2020. IN SUMMARY THE CURRENT HEALTH REGULATIONS REQUIRE:
- Entries are required to be submitted through Rowing Manager this year to allow for better tracking / tracing of competitors
- In addition to the above, participants, spectators and volunteers will be asked to provide their details via an online, or an offline, form, with records kept pursuant to the health orders;
- We will attempt to livestream the finish line to deter competitors and spectators from congregating to watch the event;
- Barry Moyanahan as commentator will have a script of messages to repeat regarding physical distancing, importance of washing boats, washing hands, completing our contact tracing forms and registration;
- BRO’s to be provided with gloves and masks (subject to stock – I am struggling here), and a briefing to be held before the regatta to reinforce the physical distancing guidelines.
- A COVID plan will be required from each club prior to the regatta;
- Host Clubs will be required to provide a COVID volunteer to manage hygiene / cleaning / registration of competitors;
- Host Clubs will be required to provide marshals to ensure competitors / participants are adhering to physical distancing;
- Markers to be taped to the floor near regatta secretary / Judge / finish line to reduce crowding;
- NSW Health signage to be provided in the changerooms and hand santisation stations will be provided at the finish line, and near to the pontoon / staging area.